Check out the latest Recipes from Bull:
Cool Down with Spiced Melon
This lightly pickled and spiced (not spicy) melon is quick, easy and a perfect refreshing side for some great grilled food!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup light agave syrup or honey
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (3 to 4 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice
- 2 strips lemon zest (removed with a vegetable peeler)
- 4 to 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 4 to 5 cups cubed cantaloupe
Add all of the ingredients, except the melon, to a saucepan and bring to a simmer until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Place melon in a large bowl and pour the spiced liquid over the melon and give a light toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours; giving it a good stir once in a while. Can be made a day ahead.