Check out the latest Recipes from Bull:
Spicy Orange-Scented Breakfast Sausage
What? You can grill breakfast sausage? This is a great spicy breakfast sausage that I came up with for serving with Mother’s Day breakfast. Slightly sweet, a little spicy and nicely flavored with a touch of orange zest. Here’s a tip: use the Bull BBQ Mini Burger Press to make perfect size sausage patties!
NOTE: To help make site navigation a little easier, we are spitting posts that have more than one recipe. This is a recipe from last year’s Mother’s Day Breakfast post.
- 2 pounds ground pork (not sausage)
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground cloves
Bull BBQ Stainless Grill Grid
Break apart ground pork in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over pork and mix to combine. Form eighteen golf ball size balls and shape into patties by hand or with the Bull BBQ Mini Burger Press. TIP: if shaping by hand, wet your hands to keep the meat from sticking to your hands. Place on a tray or plate and refrigerate at least 1 hour before cooking.
Heat grill to medium high heat and place grilling grid on top of grates for ease of cooking; sausage patties can be cooked directly on the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until no longer pink at the center. Transfer to serving plate and serve hot or at room temperature.